[Mailman-Users] question about web archives for a very large number of lists.

Matt Doughty mdoughty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:36:11 CEST 2006

I am currently maintaining a mailman install that has 5000+ lists, many high
volume. The
archive volume is nearly 80GB in size between the archives and mboxes for
the various
lists. Even after doing acrobatics to only archive the lists that have
changed within the
last 24hours it is extremely time consuming to rebuild the archives from the
cumulative
mbox files.

I am considering rotating the mbox daily, and only processing the the mbox
for that day.
This would mean using the arch without --wipe. My question is, what pitfalls
do I need to
lookout for with this approach?

thanks,
--