[Mailman-Users] mailing list disappear when press "save"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Apr 27 08:45:50 CEST 2006

Celes Victoria wrote:

>hello there...
>i got same problem with
>http://lists.apple.com/archives/macos-x-server/2004/Jan/msg01683.html

This apparently has to do with Apple's pre-installed Mailman on OS X
server. The mailman-users list can offer very little help on this. See
our FAQ article at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>

>on my /usr/share/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'bemicom'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'bemicom'

These should be fully qualified domain names.

>the administrator = bemicom
>administrator email = bemicom at localhost.bemicom
>user email = squirrel at localhsot.bemicom
>
>when i checked list of "enable mailing lists"..& other
>menu shows up ..
>i don't understand ..on list password entry...
>i've search documents..to solve it but it's not match
>to solve
>pls tell me how to solve it..& show me the simple way
>or giving me a little example ..
>thank you..

As I said, it looks like you are using Apple's GUI. Maybe someone on
this list knows something about it, but it is an Apple product, not
ours.