[Mailman-Users] Cannot update Mailman FAQ

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Apr 27 17:39:30 CEST 2006

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>The only thing I can recommend is to contact the Python webmasters
>(webmaster at python.org) to see if they're aware of any problems.  I'm not
>sure if there are logs or anything that they can check.  Maybe it's a
>problem with the specific issue (as opposed to a general problem).  What
>issue were you trying to edit?

It's not the specific entry. In my case (which I'm reposting below for
mailman-users), there were 4 different entries involved, three edits
of existing entries and one new entry (or maybe 2 and 2 - I'm not sure
now).

<quote>
I first encountered this issue a month or so ago. The second time it
happened, I posted a short note to mailman-users. A few days later, it
started working again and I was able to make my two changes. Then a
week or two after that, I got the permission problem again, and a few
days later it went away again. I haven't tried since.
</quote>

I will send a note to webmaster at python.org and see what they say.