[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-cabal] Cannot update Mailman FAQ

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 19:35:29 CEST 2006

On 27 Apr 2006, at 16:26, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 16:04 +0100, Richard Barrett wrote:
>> And your point is?
>>
>> Of course I be deluded and imagining the error response I got back
>> but then again 17 days is a long time in the life of a file's
>> permissions.
>
> Indeed.  After I sent my response, I noticed that your original
> message
> had been sent a while ago.
>
>> Richard
>>
>> btw: I think I have seen comments about the same problem in recent
>> postings to the recent mailman-user archives by other users. Can
>> anyone confirm whether they have seen a similar problem or is it just
>> me being picked on by the FAQ wizard.
>
> The only thing I can recommend is to contact the Python webmasters
> (webmaster at python.org) to see if they're aware of any problems.
> I'm not
> sure if there are logs or anything that they can check.  Maybe it's a
> problem with the specific issue (as opposed to a general problem).
> What
> issue were you trying to edit?
>
> -Barry

The reason the mailman-cabal at python.org got emailed about the problem
was that the footers on the Mailman FAQ says "Feedback to Mailman FAQ
Owner" and "FAQ Owner" is in an anchor tag with href value
mailto:mailman-cabal at python.org

Unfortunately I am given to taking things literally and my MUA
thought it seemed like a good idea at the time.