[Mailman-Users] Message HTML/Plain text. Wish client display HTML when possible

Thomas Carpentier thomasc at belgaboard.com
Sat Apr 29 16:50:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

One of my lists is a newsletter. I use ThundeBird to write my
messages. Some of my membres can (want) HTML and others not.

Sending a message in both  Plain Text and HTML doesn't seem to be a
solution. Apple mail displays the Plain Text only (as immediate
alternative). Eudora displays the two parts, plain text and HTML. No
idea about others programs.

Is there something to do, on the mailman side, such that the message
is automatically displayed in HTML only (at least at first
alternative) when the mail program permits it and the options are
enabled and in Plain Text in the other cases?

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thomas

P.S version: mailman 2.1.8 running on Mac OS X, Panther 10.3.9