[Mailman-Users] error install MM on MAC OS x

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Apr 30 04:07:00 CEST 2006

At 4:24 PM -0700 2006-04-29, Allan Hansen wrote:

>  May I suggest that you get hold of
>  Mac OS X Server and install that on you server instead. It comes
>  with Mailman already installed and ready to go. It has a lot of other
>  tools pre-installed that will be very useful to you. The Mac is
>  a great platform for servers.

	Using MacOS X Server is not necessarily the best idea if using
Mailman is your goal.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>
for more information, especially the links at the end.

	It appears that most people who want to use Mailman on MacOS X
Server end up ripping out the Apple-supplied custom version and
instead installing the standard version from our tarballs.  If you're
going to go that route, you might as well do that on MacOS X Client
as opposed to spending lots of extra money for MacOS X Server.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755