[Mailman-Users] Move addresses from To: to Cc:

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 3 03:16:25 CEST 2006

Rob Jackson wrote:

>I want to be able to make all addresses that are put into the To: field when
>a message is sent to the list into the Cc: field, so that when someone
>replies to this particular message, all the other addresses do not get
>replied to.  I want to make it so they need to use Reply to All in order to
>do this.  Is there a setting for this, or will I need to modify code?

Two things:

To answer your question, there is no setting. Doing this will require
code modification.

But, I don't think what you are trying to do will help. I think every
MUA of which I am aware sends a 'reply' to only the Reply-To: or From:
address with Reply-To: taking precedence over From: if Reply-To: is
present. Only 'reply all' replies to addresses in To: or Cc:, so
moving addresses fron To: to Cc: will not affect who gets a 'reply' or
a 'reply all' except to the extent that it may affect whether they are
addressed in To: or Cc: in the 'reply all'.