[Mailman-Users] Installation problem: 404 Errors

Dan Zaz condor2006 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 23:08:35 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I'm having major problems installing Mailman on my SuExec enabled server. I
have followed pertinent instructions regarding installation in this
environment, but cannot seem to access any mailman pages; all I get is "404
Not Found" errors.

The virtual host is set up ok on the server config. files, to the best of my
knowledge, as are the permissions. Is there a specific set of steps I could
take to help me diagnose exactly where this problem is rooted?

I'm a Linux novice, and mailman is my first application installation, so
this is likely a very basic error on my part. I'm wondering if it might be a
server issue re. SuExec, rather than with mailman per se.

When I command: "suexec -V", I get: -D AP_DOC_ROOT="/var/www".
However, this is not my web doc path, which is /home/dir1/dir2/html
I installed mailman within the suexec path (as mentioned in the set of
instructions I followed), at /var/www/mailman

Could this be at the root of the issue? And if so, would installing mailman
within the web doc path work vis-a-vis SuExec?

Any help greatly appreciated..
Dan