[Mailman-Users] Old lists are working. New lists discardallmessages. How to debug?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 1 19:31:44 CET 2006

Brian Parish wrote:

>4. discard_these_nonmembers is blank and generic_nonmember_action
> is hold
>
>5. forward_auto_discards is set to Yes, so I see the discards, but with no explanation as to why
>
>Given point 4, I don't understand how mailman can do anything but hold the message for approval, whether I am correctly subscribed or not.

In Mailman as distributed by the Mailman project, 4) and 5) above are
not possible. The only auto discards which are forwarded to the list
owner as a result of forward_auto_discards being set to Yes are those
discards which result from a match with discard_these_nonmembers or
generic_nonmember_action of Discard.

Other Discards can result from member_moderation_action,
header_filter_rules. KNOWN_SPAMMERS (in mm_cfg.py), or 'scrubbing' of
an HTML message if ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 0, but none of these
forward to the list owner.