[Mailman-Users] Email Command Confirmations

deepali deepali at infocypher.com
Tue Dec 5 20:09:16 CET 2006

Dear List,

I recently went to the archives to see if there was a way to turn off
the email command confirmations, and I came across the email thread
below.

I looked at the patch, was able to change the code, but I am still
getting email command confirmations.  I am guessing that it is
because I am not doing something right, since I am new to using
Mailman and know very little about Python.  So, I have a few questions.

1 - Does this patch work on Mailman 2.1.5?  (This is the version that
comes with Mac OS Tiger Server.)  If not, does anyone have
instructions on how to upgrade on OS X Server?  Does 2.1.9 still need
this patch?

2 - In the patch, it says to set RESPOND_TO_SUCCESSFUL_CONFIRM =
Yes.  But in the code, it looks for (not
mm_cfg.RESPOND_TO_SUCCESSFUL_CONFIRM).  If I don't want the
confirmations, shouldn't I set RESPOND_TO_SUCCESSFUL_CONFIRM = No?

3 - Do I have to compile the code after I change it?  Do I have to
recreate the list to make the changes work?

My client is waiting on this fix before they go live with a new web
application, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Deepali

Mark Sapiro wrote:

 >Ben Swihart wrote:
 >>
 >>When users subscribe, I like sending them a "welcome" e-mail with
 >>introductions,
 >>instructions, etc.  However, if you send an e-mail to [EMAIL
PROTECTED],
 >>we are getting this back:
 >>
 >>"The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is
your

BTW, the command results should not be sent if a welcome will be sent
(send_welcome_msg on General Options is Yes) even without the patch.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,