[Mailman-Users] Duplicate password reminders

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Wed Dec 6 19:50:20 CET 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>> There is a single crontab entry for mailman calling mailpasswords.
>> Is there some additional mechanism by which mailman might be calling
>> mailpasswords?
>

> Not unless someone at your site created it. Are you sure there aren't
> two crontabs; one for the mailman user (/var/spool/cron/mailman or ??)
> and a system one in /etc/cron.d?

That's it.  I feel like an idiot.  There is a /etc/cron.d/mailman
which is identical to crontab -l -u mailman.

This explains some other repetitions in logs.

I installed the latter, so I guess the rpm (SuSE 10.0) installed the
former.

I should have thought to look there, but I forgot about /etc/cron.d

Cheers,

-j