[Mailman-Users] Can mailman pickup mail via pop3

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 23:50:55 CET 2006

On 12/6/06, Matthew <junkmailtrapenator at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to be able to have mailman pickup incoming mail to the list
> via an external POP3 server (important)
A program called 'fetchmail' can... fetch mail, from a POP3 server and
deliver it using the local MTA. It's pretty easy to set up.

> and submit it out to the
> list via an external SMTP server (not as important).
Mailman can do this natively. It's pretty trivial; you just change the
SMTPHOST variable in your mm_cfg.py appropriately.
Alternatively, you can set up the MTA on the mailman machine (FWIW, I
recommend Postfix) to deliver via a smart host. This is also pretty
easy to do.

--
- Patrick Bogen