[Mailman-Users] Help with umbrella lists

Douglas Phillips doug at sbscomp.net
Thu Dec 7 16:23:49 CET 2006

a at foo.com, the admins and moderators for the child lists get an
> email saying they need to approve the post. I've scoured the admin
interface options, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Paul,

I've got several lists set up in such a way, and here's what I've had to do:

* For lists that strip sender information (ie a at foo.com), place the list
address in the "Non-member addresses allowed to post" under Privacy->Sender
Filters
* For normal lists, place the email addresses of authorized posters in the
non-member addresses. (I think I also put the list address in just to make
sure)
* Also, I had to place the parent list (ie a at foo.com) in the "Alias names
which qualify as explicit to or cc names" under Privacy->Recipient Filters

Hope this helps.  If you need assistance with this, I'll be glad to help you
in any way.

- --
Douglas G. Phillips
Simple Business Solutions