[Mailman-Users] Mailman archive messages(not rm, but install!)

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Dec 7 23:26:51 CET 2006

I just checked my blog, and found I message a step:

Quoting Paul Tomblin (ptomblin at xcski.com):
> I've just spent two days manipulating a bunch of mbox files into archives.
> Let me tell you how it goes:
>
> 1. Blow away the html archives.  You may prefer to use that arch command
> we were just discussing, but I used "rm -rf
> /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/<listname>"
>
> 2. Stop mailman's qrunners using "/etc/init.d/mailman stop"
>
> 3. Run bin/arch on the huge mbox file.

3a. Discover that bin/arch is dying on lines in the mbox where somebody's
broken MUA was putting in a Content-Type: header with a charset of
".chrsc".  Use sed to change that to "us-ascii".  Delete the html archives
again and start bin/arch again.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery