[Mailman-Users] Mailman archive messages(not rm, but install!)

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Dec 8 01:34:38 CET 2006

Quoting Barry Warsaw (barry at python.org):
> On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> >Speaking of which, is there any way to modify Mailman so that when  it
> >puts a mail message in the mbox, it pre-escapes the "^From " lines in
> >the message?  Mailman knows the message boundaries at that point, so it
> >would be nice if it were to put it in a format that bin/arch can
> >handle.
>
> It already does escape From lines in the body of the message.  It
> does this by way of the email package's Generator class, which is
> instantiated with mangle_from_=True.

Must be a newer version than the one in Debian stable.   I grepped for
"mangle" in /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/*, and didn't find it.  The parameter
does appear in /usr/lib/python2.3/email/Generator.py, but since I don't
know python I don't know how to pass it to it.  I'm guessing it has
something to do with changing the "g = Generator(fp)" and "g =
Generator(outfp)" lines in Mailman/ListAdmin.py or more likely the "g =
Generator(self.fp)" line in Mailman/Mailbox.py?  Is it as simple as
changing that last one to "g = Generator(self.fp,mangle_from_=True)"?

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
Do you have a point, or are you saving it for a special occasion?