[Mailman-Users] reply from RedHat regarding patch for lost spam filters - no it is not in their RPM

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Fri Dec 8 02:09:57 CET 2006

Hi All,

Regarding any of you out there running a RedHat Advanced Server 3 setup
with Mailman.

It seems RH's rpm lacks the patch so they have sent me instructions on
how to fix it....

8><----RedHat reply---------

Hey,

Thank you for contacting Red Hat support.

It doesn't look like the patch has been applied, however it did apply
cleanly to my system. If you download the patch from the website you
supplied you can apply it quite easily.

The file to patch is "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/Privacy.py". The
command below will patch the file for you (assuming the patch is in your
home directory):

# cd /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/
# patch -p0 < ~/Privacy.py.diff

The file is a python script, so there is no need to recompile or
anything, it should just start working (you may need to restart mailman
though).

Regards,

8><-----

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272 Mobile: +64 27 563 6272