[Mailman-Users] A scrubber issue

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sun Dec 10 02:48:16 CET 2006

Folks,

I'm OK with changing the recomposing part in Scrubber.py:

if not part or part.is_multipart():
     continue

if part.is_multipart():
     continue

It looks like the email package is more robust than it was when the bug
report was issued and the Scrubber code was patched.

But as to the default charset is 'us-ascii' problem, if we put the part
together the parts, some language text (like japanese) become
irreversibly unreadable.  It is safe to keep it in a separate file if
you can't archive the whole message in multipart like in Pipermail.

Additionally, the diff file which was said to be lost in the first post
is in:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/attachments/20061207/6bd11edc/attachment.diff
I believe the folks in gnupg.org can fix the reference in the pipermail
archive by fixing the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL in mm_cfg.py and re-generating
the archive by bin/arch --wipe command.

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/