[Mailman-Users] is the arch utility missing in OSX servermailman installation?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 13 03:02:08 CET 2006

Larry Dieterich wrote:

>Dan pointed me to the location for the scripts, which Apple has
>placed in /usr/share/mailman/Mailman/
>There is a directory there called Archiver. I assume that this is the
>tool I need but I am stumped about how to make it rebuild the archive
>from the .mbox file which is located in
>/private/var/mailman/archives/private/

This is NOT what you are looking for. You are looking for
/usr/share/mailman/bin/arch. The /usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Archiver
directory contains the python modules that manipulate archives, but
they do not have a convenient user interface. Thats what
/usr/share/mailman/bin/arch is for. You should be able to give the
command

  /usr/share/mailman/bin/arch --help

and get more information.