[Mailman-Users] join script

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:29:39 CET 2006

A user had been sending subscription requests to the listname-join
address and was being rejected. I realized that I hadn't even thought
about mailman's alias addresses. So, I began to investigate and some
user manual says  that a user can send to the listname-join or
listname-subscribe to request to be subscribed. I assume that means
that no commands are sent, as is done with the listname-request
address.

So, I sent a message to the listname-join address of one of my test
lists, with no commands. The result was:

listname-join at wherever.com on 12/14/2006 9:59 AM
            Failed (cannot append message to destination file
/|/var/mailman/mail/mailman join listname: cannot create file
exclusively: No    such file or directory)

It appears that mailman is trying to write some temp file or something
and doesn't have write permissions. Can anyone clarify what I need to
modify to make this work?

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com