[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Mac OS X Server 10.3: Outgoing messagesstuck in qrunner/in folder

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Dec 16 03:40:54 CET 2006

At 8:53 AM -0400 12/15/06, Pierre Igot wrote:

>  IMPORTANT: Please note that the correct spelling for Mac OS X and
>  Mac OS X Server is with a space between the "Mac" and the "OS".

Those of us who have a long history with Mac OS (like, back to the
days of the single floppy disk Mac Plus) will tend to have problems
with this particular spelling issue.

That said, I will make an effort to find and correct all entries
where this is misspelled.  I probably wrote most of them, so I have
the responsibility to make sure that they are correct.

>  I think part of the problem here stems from the very name of this list.
>  It's called "mailman-users." I am a "mailman user." So I feel that this
>  is the right list for me to get help about using Mailman. There is
>  nothing in the list description that warns users of non-standard
>  Mailman distributions away from the list. On the contrary, this
>  description puts the emphasis on users vs. developers. So naturally
>  "mailman users" such as myself feel that it's the natural place to go
>  and ask questions:

There's two places where the mailing lists are described.  One place
is on the web pages at list.org (and mirrored at gnu.org), and one is
within the Mailman listinfo description itself.  Only Barry can
change the description at list.org/gnu.org, but I will go in and
update the listinfo description.

>  That said, I am in full agreement that the FAQ needs to be read first,
>  and your updates are important--as long as you spell "Mac OS X"
>  properly. Otherwise, Mac OS X users might not even find the relevant
>  section :).

Not a problem.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.