[Mailman-Users] Mailman + postfix + cyrus + ldap

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Dec 19 20:33:51 CET 2006

At 11:27 AM -0800 12/19/06, Jim John wrote:

>  But can mailman put the mail into the cyrus mailboxes?

No.  Mailman is not a Local Delivery Agent.  Only the Cyrus LDA can
put mail into the Cyrus mailboxes.  You would configure postfix to
deliver mail for Mailman directly to Mailman, Mailman would then
operate on it and then hand that back to postfix.  After that,
postfix would transmit the mail to external recipients (if
appropriate), hand off the mail to the Cyrus LDA to deliver mail for
local recipients, etc....

>  We do not have postfix mailboxes.

There is no such thing as a "postfix mailbox".

>                                     Or does it send the
>  mail back to postfix for delivery using another agent
>  such as cyrus?

Bingo.  Mailman does not do all that other stuff.  It only does the
stuff it needs to do internally, then depends on other programs to
handle the other things.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.