[Mailman-Users] Bounce stats

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 21 17:59:48 CET 2006

Josh Baird wrote:

>Is there a way to see bounce statistics?  I am interested in seeing the
>number of bounces per message, and maybe the contents of the bounce
>message?

You would need to look at the 'bounce' log for bounce information and
perhaps correlate this with information from the 'post' and/or 'smtp'
logs. Presumably, you could create some kind of script to do this.

This will enable you to see the number of bounces and the bouncing
addresses. The only actual bounce message you see without modifying
bounce processing code are unrecognized bounces when
bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner is yes, and the disabling
bounce when bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is yes.