[Mailman-Users] mailman not archiving

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Dec 23 06:11:37 CET 2006

Anne Hammond wrote:

>/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/{list}.mbox/{list}.mbox
>
>contains all email messages since inception of the mailing list.
>
>So it should create a new archive containing all of the
>email messages since inception.

I'm not sure what you are saying above, but I think it is correct. If
you get the archives/private/{list}.mbox/{list}.mbox file from the old
system which contains the messages from August, 2003 to the move, and
append to it those new messages you want archived, then after you run
'bin/arch --wipe vorpal-users', you will have a newly built pipermail
archive with all the messages from the
archives/private/{list}.mbox/{list}.mbox file.