[Mailman-Users] Using demime with Mailman

Hank van Cleef vancleef at lostwells.net
Sun Dec 31 00:56:21 CET 2006

I'm in the process of setting up a system to host Mailman lists
which will replace another system at another site.  The other site has
sent me a copy of their /usr/lib/mailman tree, so I can examine their
configuration and copy list-specific files, and have a Beta-test
version running.

Major problem with all of the funny-formats included in mails these
days.  Mails from specific users are just being passed through with
no reformatting.  On the old site, it's clear that Demime is being
used.  However, I can find nothing in the old Mailman tree indicating
that it's installed.

Hank

For reference:
Mailman 2.1.9
Python 2.5
Solaris 8 9/05 on Sun Ultra 10 (Sparc system)
Sun Studio 11 devsys used to compile.

Old configuration:  Mailman-2.1.4

Migration was to build a new 2.1.4 tree, create the list, than move
the old list's config.pck to the new one.  Then install 2.1.9 as an
upgrade to the 2.1.4 tree.
--
Hank van Cleef (vancleef at lostwells.net, hvanclee at nyx.net)