[Mailman-Users] Full backup and restore of a mailman list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 1 02:25:58 CET 2006

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

>I run a small hosting service with a number of mailman lists.  I need to
>move all the lists to a new server - list config, subscribers, subscriber
>options, archives, the whole ball of wax for each list.
>
>What's be best way to do this?

This has been discussed many times on this list. See for example the
entire thread at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/047233.html>
which involves an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 as well.

Basically you're on the right track - move config.pck files and the
archives/ directory. If any domain/host names are changing see FAQ
4.29, and as Brad suggests, there's other info in the FAQ too.