[Mailman-Users] Full backup and restore of a mailman list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 1 02:25:58 CET 2006

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

>I run a small hosting service with a number of mailman lists.  I need to
>move all the lists to a new server - list config, subscribers, subscriber
>options, archives, the whole ball of wax for each list.
>What's be best way to do this?

This has been discussed many times on this list. See for example the
entire thread at
which involves an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 as well.

Basically you're on the right track - move config.pck files and the
archives/ directory. If any domain/host names are changing see FAQ
4.29, and as Brad suggests, there's other info in the FAQ too.