[Mailman-Users] Mailman log error

Clovis Tristao clovis at agr.unicamp.br
Mon Feb 6 16:43:09 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Clóvis Tristão wrote:
>
>> How to see the unknown users in Mailman? It is generate any log about
>> users unknown?
>> I saw in the /var/log/maillog, but is very difficult identify, many
>> information.
>>

> Go to the list admin Bounce processing page for the list and be sure
> bounce_processing is set to Yes. Then, depending the frequency of
> posts to your list and how agressive you want to be about removing
> bouncing members, set the other options according to their
> descriptions.
>
> Then all bounces will be logged in the 'bounce' log. and members will
> be automatically disabled and removed according to your settings.

Hi Mr. Mark Sapiro,

I discovered that mailman is not removing the user of the list when
returns bounce, sees the example below:

Feb  6 13:33:26 myshost postfix/smtpd[28902]: 988FDC3D799: reject: RCPT
from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]: 550 <username at domain.com.br>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table;
from=<linstname-bounces at domain.com.br> to=<username at domain.com.br>
proto=ESMTP helo=<domain.com.br>

./list_members listname | grep -i <username>
<username>@domain.com.br

The user not exist in my system domain..

What it can be happening?
Tkanks a lot,
Clóvis

--
Clovis Tristao - UNICAMP/Faculdade de Engenharia Agricola
Administrador de Redes - Secao de Informatica (SINFO)