[Mailman-Users] internal and external access to Mailman's web site

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:22:03 CET 2006

Can you access mailman pages from outside your network via the
stremen.xs4all.nl address? If so, it might be something weird with the
way your ADSL router/firewall resolves names inside. Specifically, it
might not do port forwarding for accesses on its external IP that
originate from inside the LAN.

If you don't have any systems that move between networks (e.g., a
laptop), the easiest thing would be to add an /etc/hosts entry like:
stremen.xs4all.nu    <iP of mailman box>
Of course, that's assuming the problem is what I describe and not a
server misconfiguration.
A similar trick can be performed in Windows, but I'm not sure of the details.

- Patrick Bogen

--
- Patrick Bogen