[Mailman-Users] sendmail and mm-handler woes

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 13 23:47:32 CET 2006

Kevin McNamee wrote:

>This works:
>===================
>echo "From: kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se
>To: foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se
>Subject: Test
>test mail body
>" | /etc/mail/mm-handler mailman.symsoft.se \
>-r kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se foobar
>

>This does not work:
>===================
>echo "From: kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se
>To: foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se
>Subject: Test
>test mail body
>" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -fkevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se \
>foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se

And what happens to the message in this case? Are these the ones that
get held for moderation and then just get to digest.mbox and nowhere
else? See my prior reply.

Also, are you approving the moderated messages by web or email. Why are
they held? If you're approving by email, are you including the

>> Looking at the lists/testlist/digest.mbox I can see that the messages are
>in
>> the file! Trying a different approach I created a new list called "foobar"
>> and suddenly my test messages to foobar are archived and posted to
>members!
>
>I should mention that I had originally ran make install as root and before
>creating foobar I changed all files owned by root to be owned by mailman.
># find /usr/local/mailman -user root -exec chown mailman {} \;

This is what bin/check_perms is for.