[Mailman-Users] Subscription settings not taking

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 14 20:23:42 CET 2006

Beartooth wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Beartooth wrote:
>>>
>>> 	First, though, in case it obviates any time or effort, a
>>> couple of Opera details. I have mine set to treat normal cookies as
>>> specified in Server Manager, and to accept only cookies set to the
>>> server itself. Could the trouble be there?
>>

>> As I indicated in my previous reply, the Set-Cookie: sent by mailman
>> specifies return only if Path=/mailman/. It is to be returned to the
>> server (mail.python.org) itself but only for
>> mail.python.org/mailman/* URLs. I don't know if that is going to be
>> a problem or not.
>
> 	Now you're over my head. Sorry.

Sorry. What I was trying to say is that Mailman sets the cookie in such
a way that it will be returned only to URLs of the form
<http://mail.python.org/mailman/*>, and not for example to a URL such
as <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/*>. This is even more restrictive
than just sending to the server itself, so I would guess that Opera
should accept it in this case, but maybe that's what's broken.

Can you ask Opera to show you all the cookies it currently has? If so,
go to your options page and log in and then see if Opera has the
cookie from mail.python.org.