[Mailman-Users] Virtusertable with 2.1.7

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 14 22:30:43 CET 2006

Mel Sojka wrote:

>Well I dumped the maillist-admin Gosh it is still in the aliases for
>2.1.7 since I have created several list.

Yes, there is still a -admin alias, but it is handled the same as
-bounces, and Mailman never actually puts that address on anything. It
basically only exists because for a brief time after converting from
2.0.x to 2.1.x, there might be bounces of posts sent under 2.0.x
returned to the -admin address.

>I guess the virtuser for
>maillist-owner should be maillist-owner also.

Yes, but assuming you need these at all you should have all 10 of them
per list, but I still think you don't need any of them in
virtusertable.

In otherwords, when you put

list-xx at aabb.com	list-xx

in virtusertable, you are saying mail to list-xx at aabb.com should be
delivered to local mailbox list-xx or via the local alias for list-xx
if any, but if there is no such entry in virtusertable, the default
for mail to list-xx at any.domain is deliver to local mailbox or via
local alias for list-xx.

So I still think that unless there is some conflict with a non-mailman
list-xx at other.domain, you don't need any of this in virtusertable.