[Mailman-Users] Message discarded

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 01:17:20 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> When vette log says
>>  "Message discarded" msgid: blah...
>> What can I do to determine the reason why the message was discarded?
> Those are moderator discards. If you want to know why the post was held
> for moderation in the first place, look for the same msgid earlier in
> the log.

Thanks Mark,

I don't think that is 100% accurate though.  I sent the email in
question and it was promptly discarded.  Here's the relevant line from

Feb 14 15:05:14 2006 (31601) Message discarded, msgid:
<f971bab40602141200j48a3ee06k23b448e8f44fe347 at mail.gmail.com>

31601 is the IncomingRunner, there is no other mention of that msgid in

Any idea what I can do to get more info?

-Jim P.