[Mailman-Users] Subscription settings not taking

Beartooth karhunhammas at Lserv.com
Thu Feb 16 02:57:55 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 2:08 PM -0800 2006-02-15, Beartooth wrote:
>
>>   	I hope it didn't sound like I was trying to teach you to suck
>>  eggs.
>
> 	No, I didn't take any offense at what you had said.  I was
> trying to explain my personal perspective and the issues I felt
> needed to be balanced, but I was also trying to explain that
> although I might feel this way that I will comply and implement
> whatever the official policy is determined to be.
>
> 	I think I remember what that official policy is, but I will
> check to make sure.

 	Understood.

>>      In my last job, it turned out often that precisely the Alpha
>> Plus Technoids were glad to hear an articulate description of what
>> things looked like to the UNinitiated, whose thoughts they had
>> gotten far beyond; so I got in the habit of doing that.
>
> 	It's been twenty years since I was on that side of the fence.
> You are right that it is good to be occasionally reminded of what
> that's like.

 	I can't do much for the cause, so I try to do what I can. I
hope it helps sometimes.

> "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

>    -- Benjamin Franklin

 	We also agree in admiring that sentiment, btw. And its author,
of whom I think I heard there's a new biography out ...

What do they know of country, who only country know?