[Mailman-Users] Removing Disabled List Members

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 21 22:29:52 CET 2006

David Andrews wrote:

>I was under the impression, which may be wrong, that when a list
>subscription was disabled due to bounces, then a period of time
>passed, without the subscription being renewed by the user, that
>his/her address was automatically removed from the list.
>
>Am I wrong.  This isn't happening with my system.  I run some 80
>lists, many of which are years old, so these things are starting to add up.

Your impression is correct, BUT it depends on appropriate settings for
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings and
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval, i.e. they should both be
reasonably small numbers - normal defaults are 3 warnings at 7 day
intervals.

It also depends on the user's delivery status being 'disabled by
bounce' and it depends on the daily cron/disabled job being run.