[Mailman-Users] emailaddr variable in newlist.txt file

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Thu Feb 23 01:40:19 CET 2006

I have been tinkering with this problem for a long time. At one time, I
got some assistance from Mark Sapiro, but I was not able to resolve the

The newlist.txt file has the variable %(emailaddr)s. When a new list is
created, the message that is sent to the list owner includes the literal
text %(emailaddr)s, rather than the actual list address.

I would have thought that this would work by default after installation,
but it does not.

Christopher Adams
Library Systems Analyst
Oregon State Library