[Mailman-Users] subscribe policy for admin and user approval not working

Jana Nguyen jnguyen at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 24 21:53:58 CET 2006

Hi there,

I want both confirmation from admin and user prior to subscribing to a
list.  I modified the 'mm_cfg.py' file with the
entry below, but it only ask for user confirmation and not admin?  Do I
need to comment out the DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY=1
in the Defaults.py file (I believe you don't modify this file).

# SUBSCRIBE POLICY
# 0 - open list (only when ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE is set to 1) **
# 1 - confirmation required for subscribes
# 2 - admin approval required for subscribes
# 3 - both confirmation and admin approval required
#
# ** please do not choose option 0 if you are not allowing open
# subscribes (next variable)
SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 3