[Mailman-Users] Invalid : @hotmail.com

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:23:09 CET 2006

في يوم الثّلاثاء 03 ذو الحجّة 1426 01:10, كتب Mark Sapiro:
> Munzir Taha wrote:
> ># /usr/lib/mailman/bin/sync_members -w=no -f myfile.list mylistname
> >Invalid :                    @hotmail.com
> >
> >Any hint why I got this error? I checked the myfile.list and can't see any
> >mail without the username part.
> >
> >$ grep '^@' myfile.list
> >$

Thanks Mark for your always generous help

This gave me a list of all the users with underscore (_) before @

$ grep '[^[:alnum:]]@' islamqa-en.list |wc -l
$ grep '_@' islamqa-en.list |wc -l

> or
> grep '[[:cntrl:][:space:]]@' myfile.list

no result.

> etc.?

I will try to figure which name is the culprit but the mystry lies behind the
fact that since I compiled all these names from running list_members >
myfile.list how come that email (if defected) was there?!

Munzir Taha
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
Riyadh, SA