[Mailman-Users] Mailman or postfix problem?

Thomas Waters thomaswaters at mac.com
Wed Jan 4 18:33:17 CET 2006

<rxtesttuesday at pharmacy.pitt.edu>: Command died with status 2:
     "/usr/share/mailman/mail/mailman post rxtesttuesday". Command
output: Group
     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
     group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as
     group "tcwaters".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group
     "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
     `--with-mail-gid=tcwaters'.

I ask if this is mailman or postfix because I was trying to move the
mail lists to a new server, so I have "handled" the mailman files,
but never touched the Postfix files.  Is this a file permissions issue?

Thx
--
Thomas Waters
Director of Information and Communication Services
waterstc at pitt.edu
http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu