[Mailman-Users] falling back to login screen (repeat)

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 21:41:18 CET 2006

configuration of httpd is not changed. In this server, I also run sqwebmail, a cgi based user interface for maildirs, and it runs just perfect. I am sure, nothing is wrong with the post information.. And when I check the cookies, I just see the following hex data as mailman's cookies:
2802000000691b8fbd43732800000062363332363834313838613135333262393534636264633432616634373730316532353532316665

is there a way to verify this data?

And for the firewall, there is one in the network, but i also try to access the admin console from the lan. I don't think the network firewall would affect my server that way, but if it does so, is there a way to detect it?

Thanks,
Onur.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote: M. Onur ERGiN wrote:

>nah, nothing works. I've checked all off the binaries in bin's and sbin's. Also tryed the cookie modules of the web server and verified that they work.
>
>From this point, would you have some recommendations? should I reinstall mailman? or should I start with trying reinstalling web server?

In a recent thread

this problem was caused a personal firewall on the affected computer.
In your case, perhaps some more global, network firewall or proxy is
involved.

Also, I know you said you saw FAQ 4.45, but since there were httpd
changes, I would look at these very carefully to see if some redirect
or other httpd change may be losing post data or cookies.

--
Mark Sapiro        The highway is for gamblers,