[Mailman-Users] falling back to login screen (repeat)

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 11:26:29 CET 2006

The name of the cookie, is LISTNAME+admin
Send For: Any type of connection
Expires: at end of session

Cookie seems correct. Also, again, this problem happens everywhere. Not just on one specific computer.

Another detail that may be useful is; one day my web server crashed, an it took some time to find out the problem. It was related to mod_mime_magic module. In the httpd.conf, there were a line: MIMEMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic . This line was preventing me from starting the http service. and its status was :  httpd stopped but subsys locked!

When I changed that line to "MimeMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic " (MIME --> Mime) I could be able to start the web service, and it is now working fine. Can the problem be somehow related to mod_mime_magic ?? (I suppose, it shouldn't be)

Thanks,
Onur.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote: M. Onur ERGiN wrote:

>configuration of httpd is not changed. In this server, I also run sqwebmail, a cgi based user interface for maildirs, and it runs just perfect. I am sure, nothing is wrong with the post information.. And when I check the cookies, I just see the following hex data as mailman's cookies:
>2802000000691b8fbd43732800000062363332363834313838613135333262393534636264633432616634373730316532353532316665
>
>is there a way to verify this data?

What is the name of this cookie? It should be 'LISTNAME+admin'. The
data is of the correct form (110 hex digits). For more info, see the
comments at the beginning of Mailman/SecurityManager.py. I think it is
highly unlikely that the cookie is set with invalid data. If there is
any problem with the cookie, it would be that it isn't accepted or
returned by the browser or that it is blocked somehow, not that the
data would be wrong.

>And for the firewall, there is one in the network, but i also try to access the admin console from the lan. I don't think the network firewall would affect my server that way, but if it does so, is there a way to detect it?

I agree that if you have the same problem from the local side if the
firewall, then the firewall probably isn't involved.

--
Mark Sapiro        The highway is for gamblers,