[Mailman-Users] Urgent Help on LDAP Member Adaptor

Kabilan L nlkabilan at ee.iitm.ac.in
Sun Jan 8 14:05:55 CET 2006

Hello!!!

I am trying to fix LDAP Member Adaptor V3.0 with my Mailman.I have Centos and
Openldap-2.2.13.2.I am trying do the same as said in this
http://webserver.offal.homelinux.org/LDAPMemberAdaptor/V3.0/LDAPMemberAdaptor/
website.ie i have done the following

Copied LDAPMemberships.py to /usr/local/mailman/Mailman, I didn't edit this
file.Is it ok? Now created a list and put the extend.py like this

from Mailman.LDAPMemberships import LDAPMemberships

def extend(list):
    ldap = LDAPMemberships(list)
    ldap.ldapsearch = "(uid=recipient)"   # your LDAP search here
    ldap.ldapserver = "127.0.0.1"  # your LDAP server
    ldap.ldapbasedn = "dc=domain dc=com" # your base DN
    ldap.ldapbinddn = 'cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com'                 # bind DN
that can access 'mail' field
    ldap.ldappasswd = 'secret'                 # bind password for ldapbinddn

    ldap.LDAP_URL = "ldap://127.0.0.1:389/"
    ldap.LDAP_MAIL_ATTRS = ("mail",)
    ldap.LDAP_LOCALDOMAIN = "sbc.ac.uk" -----> MY Sever name sts.domain.com
    ldap.LDAP_REALNAME_ATTR = "cn"
    ldap.LDAP_MAILMEMBER_ATTRS = ("rfc822MailMember",)
    ldap.LDAP_MEMBER_ATTRS = ("uniqueMember","memberUID")
    ldap.LDAP_OWNER_ATTR = "owner"
    ldap.LDAP_LIST_RDN_ATTR = "cn"
    ldap.LDAP_LIST_CLASSFILTER =
"(|(objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames)(objectclass=nisMailAlias)(objectclass=groupOfNames))"
#    ldap.LDAP_BASE = "ou=groups,dc=sbirmc,dc=ac,dc=uk"
    ldap.LDAP_BASE = "ou=Group,dc=domain,dc=com"
#    list._memberadaptor = ldap

I don't know what is list._memberadaptor because when i leave this unhashed
i unable to see the lists membership managent via webpage,so i hasehed it.when
i send an mail to group it reaches the archives but not to the member
Inbox.Please help me fixing it.Tell how to do it?What i have to do with
extend.py.
Thanking You ALL

Kabilan.L
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT Madras
Chennai - 600 036
Tamil Nadu, INDIA

"The secret to winning football games is working more as a team, less as
individuals. I play not my 11 best, but my best 11." ->Knute Rockne