[Mailman-Users] huge delays in email posts?

Mike D. fnmjd at voicenet.com
Wed Jan 11 19:51:32 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out with this.  I just last month has to
move my mailman list from one hosting company to another.  The new
company has installed mailman 2.1.5 on the latest version of their
Plesk server.  Everything seems to be running fine with the exception
of mail coming out of the server with delays up to 24 hours.  I have
a moderated list and messages sent to it are immediately showing up
in the pending que.

I notice the delays in two areas.  The first is pending notices
awaiting approval emails.  I will often not get an email of a pending
post for hours or even a day after it appears in the pending que.
The second delay is after I approve the email.  It will often not
show up in members inboxes for hours and even a day.  The new hosting
company has been very patient and wanting to help, but they don't
know where to go from here.  They are new to mailman.

I can tell you that they don't use email throttling.  I know there
may be one or two crons that mailman may have set up, but they don't
know what they may be or what they do.  Can anyone offer some advice
that I can pass on to them to check?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Take care,
Mike D.