[Mailman-Users] trouble getting subscriber list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 17 22:01:33 CET 2006

Jaclyn Friedman wrote:

>I'm running a listserv through my webserver's cpanelx interface, and
>I'm trying to get a list of all of my listserv members.  I'm using
>"list_members" and "who" and they're coming back blank like the message
>below. Security is set so all list members can see who's on the list.
>I've used "who" on other (smaller) lists run on the same system and it
>works.  The list in question has about 2500 members.  Could that be a
>problem, and either way, can you help me figure out how to get the list
>of my members?

Most likely, all the members of your list are hidden - probably because
"Conceal the member's address" is one of the new_member_options
selected on the list's General Options page. Hidden members do not
appear in the list from the email "who" or on the web roster
(http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/LIST_NAME/>.

Presumably, you can't use the command line

bin/list_members

to get the membership list. If you have the standard web admin
interface, you can script it to get a membership list or to "unhide"
all the members. See
<http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb> for
examples.

Also see