[Mailman-Users] Mailman stagger script?

John W. Baxter jwblist at loricamail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:40:24 CET 2006

On 1/25/06 7:21 AM, "dan at thefoldmusic.com" <dan at thefoldmusic.com> wrote:

> I was told by my hosting company that I need to pick a mailing list manager
> for my 14,000+ subscriber e-mail list that would stagger the sending of the
> email to something like 300 e-mails per hour to lower the impact on the
> server. I already have Mailman installed, and the entire list currently sits
> there. Is there any way to do this with Mailman?

If you expect more than four messages per week to be sent to the list, then
you can't do this with any mailing list manager.  (If I can still do
arithmetic, it would take about 44 hours to send 14,000 messages at 300 per
hour.)

I think you need a different hosting company.

Aside from that little detail, this general question has come up several
times recently, and as far as I know the answer remains "no".

  --John