[Mailman-Users] denying mbox AND txt archives

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 03:15:14 CET 2006

OK, I solved my own problem with....

this bit of Apache config:
     RedirectMatch permanent /mailman/private/.*/.*\.txt /mailman/
     RedirectMatch permanent /mailman/private/.*/.*\.mbox /mailman/
     RedirectMatch permanent /archives/.*/.*\.txt /archives/
     RedirectMatch permanent /archives/.*/.*\.mbox /archives/

this change to HyperArch.py:

    *** Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py       Wed Jan 25 18:04:16 2006
    --- Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py.orig  Wed Jan 25 18:04:13 2006
    ***************
    *** 817,824 ****
              else:
                  # there's no archive file at all... hmmm.
                  textlink = ''
    -
    -         textlink = ''
              return quick_maketext(
                  'archtocentry.html',
                  {'archive': arch,
    --- 817,822 ----

and minor changes to template/*/archliststart.html to remove language
specific references to "Downloadable version".

I honestly think that Mailman should support properly chmod'ing
private/*/*.mbox and private/*/*.txt files when the site sets
PUBLIC_MBOX to "No".

BTW, this was for MM 2.1.7

-Jim P.