[Mailman-Users] Verifying posts

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jan 29 17:28:05 CET 2006

    Jim> Hi all, I've been looking into TMDA (http://tmda.net) and got
    Jim> to wondering if something like this (or a subset of it)
    Jim> should be incorporated into Mailman.

There was a thread about this in the fairly recent past, perhaps it
was on mailman-developers, though.  IIRC the consensus was "making
this more trouble than it's worth is not going to be easy".

In the interest of preempting a flamewar, let me note here that
challenge-response systems are a hot button for at least one of the
frequent posters on this list, and it would be a good idea to review
past threads and be prepared for those arguments.

There was another thread on mailman-developers about a month ago
regarding the idea of weeding out unused addresses, although the
policy proposed there was significantly more aggressive.