[Mailman-Users] Next Generation

Troy Buffum tmbuff77 at iowatelecom.net
Mon Jul 3 16:41:41 CEST 2006

-----"Jim Popovitch" wrote-----
> Personally, I would like to see Mailman break it's reliance on a local
> local webserver.  Currently you can't really move the Mailman logic
> (queue, archives, notifications, sign-up pages, admin pages, etc) to
> separate hosts without involving NFS or other shared fs technology.  I
> think with a little RPC or other technology it would be *great* to start
> breaking things apart in the next generation stuff.  Not so much for
> scalability, but for redundancy.  Just my $.02.
>
> -Jim P.

This sounds like a great idea; especially for memory consumption, at least
in my opinion.  But then, I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to
networking; as of yet.  I'm wondering, what other purposes could this serve.
I'm thinking, if there's a decent benifit scale, it may draw some attention
to the developers.  Hmmm?
   Troy B.