[Mailman-Users] HTML converted to attachment was:(no subject)

brenno at webspees.nl brenno at webspees.nl
Fri Jul 7 11:22:51 CEST 2006

> brenno at webspees.nl wrote:
>>Unfortunately I am encountering problems with sending HTML email to the
mailing lists. Mailman seems to alter the email message and add the
original HTML email as an attachment.
>>I have content filtering switched off and the option 'convert text/html
>>text/plain' has been switched off as well.
>
> Remove the message header and footer (msg_header and msg_footer on the
admin Non-digest options page. See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers, San
Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Unfortunately this didn't help. I already configured in my mm_cfg.py to
remove the footer.

I've added my mm_cfg.py information at the bottom of this email.
Thanks for your help.

Brenno.

=== mm_cfg.py config ===

# -*- python -*-

# Copyright (C) 1998,1999,2000 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307,
USA.

"""This is the module which takes your site-specific settings.

>From a raw distribution it should be copied to mm_cfg.py.  If you
already have an mm_cfg.py, be careful to add in only the new settings
you want.  The complete set of distributed defaults, with annotation,
are in ./Defaults.  In mm_cfg, override only those you want to
change, after the

  from Defaults import *

line (see below).

Note that these are just default settings - many can be overridden via
the
admin and user interfaces on a per-list or per-user basis.

Note also that some of the settings are resolved against the active list
setting by using the value as a format string against the
list-instance-object's dictionary - see the distributed value of
DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER for an example."""

#    Here's where we get the distributed defaults.    #

from Defaults import *

# Put YOUR site-specific configuration below, in mm_cfg.py . #
# See Defaults.py for explanations of the values.            #

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# The name of the list Mailman uses to send password reminders
# and similar. Don't change if you want mailman-owner to be
# a valid local part.
MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# If you change these, you have to configure your http server
# accordingly (Alias and ScriptAlias directives in most httpds)
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/generic/debuf9/cgi-bin/mailman/'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'
IMAGE_LOGOS         = '/images/mailman/'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.eu.bt.net'
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'ncca-intra.eu.bt.net'
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Required when setting any of its arguments.

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# The default language for this server.
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Iirc this was used in pre 2.1, leave it for now
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER    = 0              # Still used?

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Unset send_reminders on newly created lists
DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 1

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Uncomment this if you configured your MTA such that it
# automatically recognizes newly created lists.
# (see /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.{EXIM,...})
# MTA=None   # Misnomer, suppresses alias output on newlist

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Uncomment if you use Postfix virtual domains, but be sure to
# read /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.POSTFIX first.
# MTA='Postfix'

# Note - if you're looking for something that is imported from mm_cfg,
but you
# didn't find it above, it's probably in
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py.

#
# Custom archiving settings
#

DEFAULT_ARCHIVE = On
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE = 1
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 0
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_VOLUME_FREQUENCY = 4
ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 3

#
# Custom delivery settings
#

#
# Custom general settings
#

USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes

ADMIN_CATEGORIES = [
    # First column
    'general', 'passwords', 'language', 'members',
    # Second column
    'privacy', 'archive',
    ]

#
# Custom list settings
#

DEFAULT_LIST_ADVERTISED = No
DEFAULT_MAX_NUM_RECIPIENTS = 1000
DEFAULT_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE = 10000000           # KB

DEFAULT_MSG_HEADER = " "
DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = """ """

DEFAULT_ADMIN_NOTIFY_MCHANGES = Yes
DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION = No
DEFAULT_GENERIC_NONMEMBER_ACTION = 0
DEFAULT_REQUIRE_EXPLICIT_DESTINATION = No
DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER = 2
DEFAULT_OBSCURE_ADDRESSES = No
ALLOW_RFC2369_OVERRIDES = No
DEFAULT_FILTER_CONTENT = No
DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT = No
DEFAULT_FILTER_ACTION = 3

DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES = ['multipart/mixed',
                           'multipart/alternative',
                           'text/html',
                           'text/plain']

#