[Mailman-Users] Moving mailman to a new box

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Fri Jul 7 21:04:42 CEST 2006

    Mark Sapiro posted a very useful set of instructions about moving
mailman lists around. The message is at:

    Here's the important part:

"... Moving lists from one installation to another is generally fairly simple. A rough outline is

1) move the lists/listname/config.pck file.
2a) move the archives/private/listname/ directory
2b) move the archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file
3) run fix_url on the list (bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname)
4) If desired because of absolute URLs on some archive pages or other
reasons, rebuild archives with bin/arch --wipe listname

If you are going to do step 4), you can skip step 2a)"

    I hope this helps.