[Mailman-Users] Strange problem with password.

Fabiano Breves fabiano.breves at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:44:16 CEST 2006

On 7/12/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Fabiano Breves wrote:
> >
> >Ok, sent to your e-mail address a txt file with the source code of the
> >message.
> >
> >Just wondering ( I don't know how the software does it ) could mailman
> just
> >get the Approved from the text part and search for it in the other parts
> of
> >the msg ??
>

> That's exactly what it does, but the problem in this case is that the
> HTML part is quoted-printable encoded and the approved: line was split
> across two lines of the message HTML part. I.e. '=\n' was inserted
> between Approved: and the password so the search failed.
>
> This could be accounted for by adjusting the search pattern, but the
> real fix is to 'decode' the encoded part (which could be base64
> encoded) before searching. This in turn has other implications for
> resetting the part after removing the Approved: line, but I'll work on
> it.

I think the problem migth started with an upgrade or update on the senders
Outlook Express. Because the procedure worked for some time.

If this is the case, isn't better to forget the 1st line method and use just
the header one? Or maybe use the subject line to do the job ?

Just an idea. Don't want to mess with your business.

I'll be talking to my development team to change our application so it
include the Approved header in the message as it is more reliable.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

--
Fabiano de Carvalho Breves
fabiano.breves at gmail.com