[Mailman-Users] To: is being rewritten by some mail agents

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Thu Jul 13 00:00:14 CEST 2006

I have a mailing list on my server, running Postfix as my MTA with virtual
domains.  I'm using Dax Kelson's postfix-to-mailman.py which appears to be
working fine (see here: http://listes.rezo.net/how.php).

I send a message to one of my lists.

The "To:" line in the header reads:
   To: iae-staff at lists.appliedeco.org
... when I send it.

Some users are seeing it when it arrives as:
   To: iae-staff at www.mischko.com
... which is the name my server EHLO's as when it sends email out, and is the
canonical name for my server.

I packet-sniffed the email going to one of these servers that rewrites the To:
line and find that it's using Sendmail.  I also confirmed that the To: line
_is_ going out correctly.  I have an account on one of these offending servers
and I see it as www.mischko.com on that account also.

Anyone else seen stuff like this?

Any thing I can do to fix this?

It's causing problems because users try sending to iae-staff at www.mischko.com
by clicking on the address they see and that's not the right address for my lists.

Scott